[THIN] Re: WordToys 1.0

  • From: Euan Cooper <Euan.Cooper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 08:37:19 +1200

While there are a number of possibly useful tools PDF creation is NOT in the
free version.  Professional version is $20 - presumably per user - no
mention of site/concurrent licensing.  PDF creation relies on having an
existing PDF "printer" - from the word toys web site

"If WordToys detects that you have a printer driver that sends faxes or
creates PDF files, you get dedicated buttons on the Standard toolbar that
send your document to these drivers."

That functionality is quite easy to set-up with a word macro to select the
PDF printer, "print" the file and then reset the printer back to your
default printer.  All you have to do then is add a button to your toolbar to
run the macro - haven't done it for PDF creation, but I do this for our fax
software.

-Ec