[THIN] Re: Winsock Proxy 2.0 -> NT TSE 4.0 + MF1.8

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 07:24:10 -0700

I don't claim to be a firewall expert by any stretch, but just some common
TCP knowledge and your description would suggest that the port that it is
connecting on is open (1494), but the return port is not (random).  I know
that some how firewalls can be configured in different ways to either allow
or not allow return traffic.

For instance, I have a connection to a Citrix server on port 1494 right now,
but my local port is 2849.  It seems that maybe the Citrix server isn't
being allowed to talk back to port 2849.

Following Ron's suggestion, watch the firewall logs to see what ports are
being blocked and how.

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.