[THIN] Winlogon question

  • From: Henry Sieff <hsieff@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:50:31 -0600

So, I have been looking into ways to speed the login time for users of our
citrix servers, and I came across one today that looks promising. Basically:
set
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVErsion\Winlogon\Notify\Metaframe\A
synchronous = 1. This seems to cause the winlogon process not to wait for
ctxlogon before handing off to shell. Basically, users skip the "applying
personal settings" time.

Now, I know there could be an issue if they use an app which expects a
printer as soon as it starts, but we don't use any of those. I am going to
do some testing on my own, but I was wondering if anyone else had made this
modification and if so, what other issues could arise.

There doesn't seem to be much documentation on this one at all, so I figured
I'd ask the gurus here.

--
Henry Sieff
Network Engineer