[THIN] Re: Winlogon - HELP!!

  • From: "sksippy" <sksippy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 14:00:18 +0100

Hi Rick,

2%to3% per user is a phenomenonal amount when you have 30 users =
(mandatory
profiles) in an Ict suite logging on, 10 users in an admin area who are
generally already connected using a part of the SERVER RAM, and upto =
another
30 users (out of a potential 96, all using mandatory profiles) trying to =
log
on simultaneously! No joke, the whole network grinds to a halt. We have =
load balanced farm of 3 Citrix XPe servers.

Thanks though, will take up your suggestions re using filemon and regmon =
produce a case for additional domain controllers - do you think that by
spreading the authentication between DCs will help in  reducing the =
overall
network load at this peak period?

Regards,

Shyam Sippy