[THIN] Re: Windows clients

  • From: "Joanne Determann" <joanne.determann@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 13:34:34 -0400

Jim,  I'm playing away with Bart.

That's why the DOS clients were great.

And I love the SourceForge Thinstation because they can't do anything to
them. But by the same token it's really difficult to tweak em.  I made
it so  the lower level tech (without Linux knowledge) can xcopy from DOS
to the Hard drive and use syslinux to  linux boot. But I've been
fighting with the com port redirection. The ports redirect with the
rdesktop  but the baud rate needs to be set before connecting and with
no Linux smarts no way will they be able to support  it when I leave.

Moving to Sidney Ohio, husband's company is relocating him. . I'll be
looking for a jobby job down there in Buckeye land and don't want to
leave em with a mess up here in Canada. May as well get in, in case
anyone it looks for a support tech.

Joanne