[THIN] Re: Windows XP embedded

  • From: "Jim Kenzig http://thethin.net" <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 06:56:13 -0800 (PST)

Buy the largest flash available.  You can add programs via the Wyse management
software or logging in as admin on the unit and doing add remove programs. You
are very limited to what you can add due to limitations of Flash size of the
drive. We have been using XP embedded machines from Netx for a few years.  If
you have a lot of extra plugins and software you want a flash drive like those
on the wyse is not the way to go. You need a system with a hard disk.  That is
not to say that you couldn't put XPe on a device with a hard disk.

Jim Kenzig
http://thin.net

Jeff Stockard <jstockard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My boss is evaluating a new Wyse thin client with Windows XP embedded.  The
Microsoft, Wyse and Citrix sites state that software can be added to these
machines.  Neither my boss or I can find out how to install additional software
on these devices.  We have not been able to find out what software can be added
either.

The Microsoft site does have a handy link with questions that nobody wants to
know the answers to.  Yesterday, I did a search on their site and every thing I
tried returned 0 results.  I kept eliminating words from the exact error
message and received 0 results each time.  Finally I was down to the word
Windows.  It had one result, which was a white paper on deploying something on
Windows.

<off soap box>

Jeff

Jesus Loves You