[THIN] Windows Search

  • From: IT Helpdesk <it@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2012 08:49:30 +0000

Hi all,

We store thousands of scanned items (all searchable PDF files) and have a lot
of trouble with Windows Search giving unreliable results - particularly in our
XenApp environments.

We regularly rebuild the search index, which seems to fix the issue briefly but
then it returns.

I know others have had issues with Search in XenApp, so am looking for
recommendations on 3rd party alternatives to evaluate.

Are you in a similar position? What do you use?

Thanks in advance

Nik
//www.freelists.org/list/thin