[THIN] Windows Explorer.exe

  • From: "Stephen Taylor" <Stephen.Taylor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:28:25 +0100

All

I have had a few of my users complaining that Windows Explorer is causing
application errors. From what they say it happens at anytime even when
brosing directories.

I have checked event viewer on the systems and the error messages are all
quite similar to below:

Event Type:     Information
Event Source:   Application Popup
Event Category: None
Event ID:       26
Date:           11/09/2002
Time:           12:00:29
User:           N/A
Computer:       UKMF01
Application popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error : The instruction at
"0x77fcbaac" referenced memory at "0x20d04fdd".
The memory could not be "read".

By the way the error messages appear on our W2K Sp2, MF 1.8 Sp3 servers.

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Stephen

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised
recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies
of this message