[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer crashes

  • From: "Stephen Taylor" <Stephen.Taylor@xxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 28 May 2003 13:47:49 +0100

We get the same problem with a similar error message but haven't been able
to track the problem down yet.
Have checked printer drivers but wasn't them. re-installed IE but this
hasn't helped either.
We're now trying to find a problematic user to see if it is their roaming
profile is the problem.
If you get any results can you let me know?

Thanks

Stephen

"Minero Hector B DLVA" <MineroHB@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
27/05/2003 21:16
Please respond to thin

        To:     "Thin (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
        cc:
        Subject:        [THIN] Windows Explorer crashes

Hi all,
I have a user who is complaining about Windows Explorer crashing at logon.
The error message is:
Application Popup: Explorer.EXE - Application Error: The instruction at
"0x77add97a" referenced memory at "0x0054004e".  The memory could not be
"read".
Click OK to terminate the program.

Basically, explorer just crashes an restarts.  I've tried giving him a new
profile and he still gets these
messages once in a while.
Has anyone run into this same problem? Any fix?

I'm using Windows 2000 SP3, MF XP FR2.

Any help is appreciated.

Hector Minero
NSWCDD Code K55
Ph: (540)653-8859
Fax:(540)653-8575

This email may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole
use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution or disclosure
by others is prohibited. If you are not the intended or authorised
recipient please contact the sender by reply email and delete all copies
of this message