[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

  • From: "Jeremy Saunders" <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 23:18:02 +0800

Thatâs a known issue. You need to create a registry value called
LogoffCheckerStartupDelayInSeconds. More info here:
http://support.citrix.com/article/CTX128953

Cheers,

Jeremy.

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [ <mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of aaron.mason@xxxxxxx

hmm...Same result.

what does the /d do?  I didn't see that as an available option in the /?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron J Mason

Alan Tropper < <mailto:Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

Sent by:

 <mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

  _____

Hi,

I use a simple batch file to call explorer and publish it as explorer for
users:

start /d "c:\windows" /b explorer.exe

Cheers

Al

From:  <mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [
<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf
Of  <mailto:aaron.mason@xxxxxxx> aaron.mason@xxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

Hi all,

Running in to a little issue.  We are looking to publish out the windows
explorer for file management.  In a Citrix article, the best practice is to use
the "iexplore.exe /e"  method to open it.

Issue:

When calling it in this method, when a user closes out the window to close the
session, the iexplore process hangs around and does not close, thus the session
stays open.  I thought may user the LogoffCheckSysModules in the registry to
close this upon session close out time, but it kills the process right away
when attempting to open.

Anyone see this before or have any thought?  Also, if anyone is using any 3rd
party file manager utilities, please feel free to respond as well and give me
your feed back.

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The
postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at
this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe.
https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp
By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising
or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this
mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or
account servicing e-mails.