[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

  • From: aaron.mason@xxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 08:56:22 -0400

Gotcha,  Understand that.  Still having issues with that command as well.
In watch the login process for this pub app, the explorer does start, but
immediately closes and then logs the session off.  But if you already have
another pub app open and then start the windows explorer, everything opens
up as expected.  Very strange.

Aaron J Mason
Windows Server Hosting
Enterprise Computing Service
PNC Financial Services
4100 W150th (B7-YB17-02-1)
Cleveland, OH 44135
216.257.7146 (office)
216.357.0716 (cell)
Aaron.Mason@xxxxxxx

From:
Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:
"thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Date:
10/27/2012 10:19 AM
Subject:
[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5
Sent by:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

The â/Dâ comes from the CD command (back when us old farts did everything
from the CLI and had to know all this stuff).  CD /D will change the
current drive in addition to changing the current directory.

Start /d âc:\windowsâ explorer.exe

Essentially does the following:

C:
Cd \windows
Explorer.exe

If you did Start /d âj:\folder1\folder2â someprogram.exe

Does:

J:
Cd \folder1\folder2
Someprogram.exe

Does that help?

Thanks

Carl Webster
Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of aaron.mason@xxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

hmm...Same result.

what does the /d do?  I didn't see that as an available option in the /?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron J Mason

From:
Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:
[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5
Sent by:
thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I use a simple batch file to call explorer and publish it as explorer for
users:

start /d "c:\windows" /b explorer.exe

Cheers

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of aaron.mason@xxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

Hi all,

Running in to a little issue.  We are looking to publish out the windows
explorer for file management.  In a Citrix article, the best practice is
to use the "iexplore.exe /e"  method to open it.

Issue:

When calling it in this method, when a user closes out the window to close
the session, the iexplore process hangs around and does not close, thus
the session stays open.  I thought may user the LogoffCheckSysModules in
the registry to close this upon session close out time, but it kills the
process right away when attempting to open.

Anyone see this before or have any thought?  Also, if anyone is using any
3rd party file manager utilities, please feel free to respond as well and
give me your feed back.

The contents of this email are the property of PNC. If it was not addressed to
you, you have no legal right to read it. If you think you received it in error,
please notify the sender. Do not forward or copy without permission of the
sender. This message may contain an advertisement of a product or service and
thus may constitute a commercial electronic mail message under US Law. The
postal address for PNC is 249 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15222. If you do not
wish to receive any additional advertising or promotional messages from PNC at
this e-mail address, click here to unsubscribe.
https://pnc.p.delivery.net/m/u/pnc/uni/p.asp
By unsubscribing to this message, you will be unsubscribed from all advertising
or promotional messages from PNC. Removing your e-mail address from this
mailing list will not affect your subscription to alerts, e-newsletters or
account servicing e-mails.