[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

  • From: Webster <webster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 14:17:45 +0000

The "/D" comes from the CD command (back when us old farts did everything from
the CLI and had to know all this stuff).  CD /D will change the current drive
in addition to changing the current directory.

Start /d "c:\windows" explorer.exe

Essentially does the following:

C:
Cd \windows
Explorer.exe

If you did Start /d "j:\folder1\folder2" someprogram.exe

Does:

J:
Cd \folder1\folder2
Someprogram.exe

Does that help?

Thanks

Carl Webster
Consultant and Citrix Technology Professional
http://www.CarlWebster.com<http://www.carlwebster.com/>

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
aaron.mason@xxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

hmm...Same result.

what does the /d do?  I didn't see that as an available option in the /?

Thanks for your time,

Aaron J Mason

Alan Tropper <Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:Alan.Tropper@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>>

[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

Sent by:

thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

________________________________

Hi,

I use a simple batch file to call explorer and publish it as explorer for users:

start /d "c:\windows" /b explorer.exe

Cheers

Al

From: thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx<mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
[mailto:thin-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of
aaron.mason@xxxxxxx<mailto:aaron.mason@xxxxxxx>
Subject: [THIN] Windows Explorer Windows 2008 R2 XenApp 6.5

Hi all,

Running in to a little issue.  We are looking to publish out the windows
explorer for file management.  In a Citrix article, the best practice is to use
the "iexplore.exe /e"  method to open it.

Issue:

When calling it in this method, when a user closes out the window to close the
session, the iexplore process hangs around and does not close, thus the session
stays open.  I thought may user the LogoffCheckSysModules in the registry to
close this upon session close out time, but it kills the process right away
when attempting to open.

Anyone see this before or have any thought?  Also, if anyone is using any 3rd
party file manager utilities, please feel free to respond as well and give me
your feed back.