[THIN] Re: Windows Explorer Tools Menu

  • From: "Rick Mack" <Rick.Mack@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 15:11:50 +1000

Hi Brian,

The following policy snippet, which I think may be in the TCT adms takes care
of the primary explorernetwork drive mapping stuff:

POLICY "Remove the Map Network Drive and Disconnect Network Drive options"
KEYNAME Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
VALUENAME "NoNetConnectDisconnect"
END POLICY

However the toolbar > tools > Map Network drive options are actually part of
the common dialog components.

Explorer is "borrowing" a component from internet explorer, namely
browselc.dll.

So the policy for controlling the toolbar is an IE policy, not an explorer
policy.

Haven't got time to check if I've got an adm for IE to control this, but worst
case scenario is to hack browselc.dll with reshacker.

Have a look what policy templates are available from the IEAK. Otherwise get
back to me and I'll give you a hand.

regards,

Rick

Ulrich Mack