[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 or not?

  • From: Jim Kenzig <jimkenz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 10:20:02 -0400

Here is my thinking. You have to think of the futuer. If you go to 2003 and
you are on a 3-5 year amortization plan...which you should be, you will be
right in line and safe until the next version of the OS which is slated to
come out sometime in 2006 (and you probably won't want to install it til
2007 when all the bugs are worked out) The drawback of going to 2003 is that
you need to be certain that all of your applications will run in that
environment and also you'll need to do some different licensing than if you
went to 2000. If you have win2k workstations and go to 2000 you won't need
the additional licenses that you would need with 2003.

Regards,
Jim Kenzig
http://thethin.net