[THIN] Windows 2003 and dual NICs

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 11:59:25 -0700

All,

I want to connect a 2003 server to my DSL line.  I have two NICs.  The
purpose is to make this a Metaframe server.  When I add a 2nd default
gateway, 2003 tries to protect me from myself and tells me it won't work.
Which NIC should have the default gateway (internal network or external
network)?  I am thinking the external connected NIC and then static routes
to the servers the users need to get to.  Problem is that when I do this, I
can not find any domain controllers to login.  I log in locally and can
ping the domain controllers.    Any ideas?

adam

than buying more servers.