[THIN] Windows 2003 and Certificate Fun

  • From: "Greg Reese" <GReese@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 May 2004 12:47:22 -0400

We do some billing stuff online for our insurance.  The company
providing this issues a certificate per login to this system.  For us,
that is five logins and five certificates.
We run everyone off the same mandatory profile.  I talked to the
insurance support guys about it and they said to just add each
certificate to the profile and they will choose theirs when logging in.
They emailed the certificates to me and I worked with a test user
account to get it all working.  That test account is identical to my
mandatory profile except that I unlocked it to import the certificates.
I then made the profile mandatory again to test some more before
updating the main profile that all the users use.

All of the certificates are there now and are part of the profile but
this is where it gets a little weird.

When the profile is mandatory, I get a "page cannot be found" error
after picking the certificate on all servers.  I can view the
certificates and they are there and look ok.  When it is not mandatory,
it works just fine on all servers.  I can give the five users this
affects their own profile, that's no big deal but I would prefer not to.

The servers are all Windows 2003 and are up to date with all MS fixes.
I am running MF XPa 1.0 SP/FR 3.

I have not messed with certificates much on my servers so this is new
territory for me.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Greg

http://www.tarantella.com/ttba