[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 Terminal Server performance tips for IE?

  • From: "Andrew Rogers" <Andrew.Rogers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 10:01:39 +0100

The intelligent cache product mentioned I'm assuming is the one someone on the
list discovered a while ago. Can't find the thread about it right now, but to
help jog others memory, its the one that uses tokens between two boxes of the
same type, one at each end of the link! I think it was a month or two back it
was discussed..?

And Rose, you can disable animated GIF's in IE if you wanted to, theres an
option to disable them under Advanced-> Multimedia in Internet Options. HTML
animation i doubt you can stop, you'd have to somehow disable Javascript and
DHTML, which I dont think is possible?

Andrew
--o--

>>> rosemary_sarkis@xxxxxxxxxxx 11/08/04 09:08:50 >>>
Hi

There are no roaming profiles - all profiles reside on the 1 Terminal Server
in question (we do not have Citrix installed).  I don't have Flash or anya
 nimation software installed on the Terminal Server (Windows 2003 Server). A
 nimation can occur via std html (can it not?) - is there a way to stop alla
 nimation on a Terminal Server??

Our users go to various web sites - some may have animated graphics othersd
 on't.  Ive browsed normal sites and they appear very sluggish - these sites
don't do anything too fancy like flash etc..

I had a look at off-screen composition - this is enabled by default in
Windows 2003 / IE6 (found the registry key but it was already set).  When ur
 efer to the cache size, are you assuming Im using Citrix??  Im using thel
 atest Terminal Services client and there are no caching options.

I tried running at 256 colours - very little increase in performance founds
 o set it back to default which is 16 bit

Has anyone heard of this intelligent cache product??

Thanks for all your assistence

Rose

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
users, and time of day possible problems exist.
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20