[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 TS licensing

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 15:00:21 -0500

The 2003 TS Licensing whitepaper can be found at:

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsserver2003/techinfo/overview/termservlic
.mspx

From the whitepaper:

" During the installation of the Terminal Server Licensing service, you
need to choose between the following modes of the license server:
*       Your entire enterprise (enterprise license server)
*       Your domain or workgroup (domain/workgroup license server)
These options determine how and when a license server will be discovered
by terminal servers. In a workgroup or non-Active Directory domain, you
must choose "Your domain or workgroup." In this scenario, a license
server is automatically discovered by any terminal server within the
same subnet as the license server.
In an Active Directory-based domain, you might choose either option. An
enterprise licensing server is automatically discovered by any terminal
server within the same site as the license server. A domain licensing
server is automatically discovered by any terminal server that is a
member of the same domain as the license server."

http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id20