[THIN] Windows 2003 Server PCL5 Driver

  • From: "Stratton, Doug MSER:EX" <Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2004 14:25:25 -0800

Just read CTX089874.  It recommends installing the w2003 server printer PCL5
driver on your W2k Servers.

This is recommended because it seems these drivers work better than the w2k
with UPD type stuff.

Has anyone done this?  Any problems.  Any problems resolved by doing it?

How did you do it.

I tried it on my test server (connecting to a w2003 print queue) and got
some drivers.  Did not seem to break anything YET.

Thanks

Doug Stratton
Operations Engineering
Workstations Services Branch
CITS, Solutions BC, Province of BC
4000 Seymour Place, Victoria  B.C.
Telephone: (250) 356-6678

Email: Doug.M.Stratton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

This weeks sponsor triCerat Inc.
triCerat makes your job easier by offering essential
applications to eliminate your printing, policy and profile,
and your application management problems.
http://www.triCerat.com