[THIN] Re: Windows 2003 Performance Issue

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:36:47 -0500

Jay, exactly. This may create a "silo" in the environment.=20

What I just did at a client was to set a second TS home dir in the
policy. Basically over riding there home dir handling the INI things
(but this wasn't for an ini it was for home dir related app data that I
didn't want crossing a WAN.  Anyway. I set it to a DIFFERENT drive
letter than they normally used, then in this "silo" I through in a
script that did a Net Use h: \\server\share\user that mapped their H
drive to their home dir just not as their home dir. So if they still ahd
to get to their home dir to open files and what not it still was there.
Programmatic calls though still got sent to the redirected homedir.=20

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect
Microsoft MVP, Windows Server=20
=20