[THIN] Re: Windows 2003

  • From: "Chris Lynch" <lynch00@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:37:48 -0800

=20

"Since Citrix went to that model with MF, it is just so much simpler, =
rather than tracking server licenses and user licenses.  MS could learn =
a lesson here and save us all a lot of time and trouble."

See, that's your problem.  You assume Microsoft wants to "save" your =
money (and time does equal money).  Just replace that word with SPEND =
and you have it correct.

Chris

From: Stansel, Paul [mailto:Paul.Stansel@xxxxxxxxxxxxx]=3D20
Posted At: Wednesday, March 05, 2003 12:08 PM
Posted To: TheThin
Conversation: [THIN] Re: Windows 2003

Hey, I'm keen on named user TSCals.  Given the number of different =
workstations my users hit (no matter how many times you tell them, they =
just don't grasp that they are burning a license!) it would be =
beneficial.  Now if they'd adopt the same model for Office apps....

- -Paul

per-device=3D20=20