[THIN] Windows 2000 terminal services and HPBAFD.INI

  • From: "Patrick Burke" <pat@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 15:26:48 +0100

As per another thread in this list, I too have identified this file HPBAFD.INI
as the source of occasional loss of connection to my terminal servers. The
application lockout apparently caused (in some manner) by this file usually
occurs during a printing event. In addition, Veritas Backup Exec identifies
this file as incomplete when trying to back it up.
The file is always recreated when deleted and therefore required by the
printing environment. If anyone else has seen this and discovered what it is
for, a response would be appreciated. There is almost no other mention of this
issue on the web.