[THIN] Re: WinMgmt error after installing FR-1 (Repost)

  • From: "Anders Hansen-�vre" <Anders.Hansen-Ovre@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Dec 2002 21:00:32 +0100

This might help you, and everyone else :)

---
Event ID 2002

PerfLib  The open procedure for service "PerfDisk" in DLL
"C;\WINNT\System32\perfdisk.dll has taken longer than the established
wait time to complete.  There may be a problem with this extensible
counter or the service it is collecting data from or the system may have
been very busy when this call was attempted

This error occurs on reboot of the server due to Resource Manger query
counters of service that have not yet started.
To eliminate this error adjust the following value.

HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\PerfDisk - OpenTimout.  the
current value in decimal is 5000 change the value to 35000

This will change the delay from 5 seconds to 35 seconds before data is
to be collected.

---
mvh/yours
Anders Hansen-Øvre, Seniorkonsulent