[THIN] Re: Win2k3 License Server

  • From: ecrabtree@xxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jun 2004 07:34:57 -0400

To select a specific license server
1.    On each terminal server, in the Run dialog box, type regedit, and
then click OK.
2.    Locate the following path in the registry and select it:

   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\TermService\Parameters

3.    On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click Key to add a subkey
named LicenseServers, if one does not already exist.
4.    Select the LicenseServers subkey, and on the Edit menu, point to New,
and then click Key and type in the NetBIOS name, fully qualified domain
name, or IP address of the appropriate license server to add the new subkey
under LicenseServers.
5.    Repeat step 4 for each license server you want the terminal server to
discover.

The order of the license servers listed in the registry subkey does not

guarantee the order in which the license servers are discovered. If you

have more than one implementation of Terminal Server in your organization,

you should also configure the license servers themselves to discover only

the servers intended to service that implementation by using this

procedure.

When Terminal Server discovers a license server, it continues to use that

license server until it becomes unavailable. If the licence server is out

of licenses, it will forward the request to a license server that has the

requested type of license.

|         |           "Greg Reese"     |
|         |           <GReese@JohnsonEz|
|         |           ell.com>         |
|         |           thin-bounce@freel|
|         |           ists.org         |
|         |           06/16/2004 07:25 |
|         |           thin             |

  |       To:       <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                 |
  |       cc:
                                                 |
  |       bcc:
                                                 |
  |       Subject:  [THIN] Win2k3 License Server

Does anyone have the link to the KB article or know what I need to do to
hard code the license server into the registry on an Windows 2003 Terminal
Server.  I have one server that refuses to find the license server after
changing the NIC.

Thanks!

Greg

This communication may contain information that is legally privileged,
confidential, or exempt from disclosure.  If you are not the intended
recipient, please note that any dissemination, distribution, or copying is
strictly prohibited.  If you have received this message in error please notify
the sender by telephone, fax, or return email and delete this message from your
computer.  Thank you.

This weeks sponsor Vizioncore, Inc.
--> vc-iMonitor - Performance Monitoring, Control & Reporting
--> vc-iControl - Desktop & Start Menu Management & Reporting
--> vc-iMapper - Drive, Printer & COM Management & Reporting
http://vizioncore.com/products.html