[THIN] Re: Win2K License Server

  • From: "Jensen, Jay" <jjensen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2002 11:07:25 -0500

Thanks Chris.

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lynch [mailto:lynch00@xxxxxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, August 21, 2002 11:08 AM
To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [THIN] Re: Win2K License Server

Then I would setup a license server in that location, and add the reg
key into the Windows 2000 Terminal Server to point to that license
server only.  I am not sure if you would need to do the same at your
HQ, but I would only make this change on your remote site for now.

The KB article you would need to read is Q239107 (Establishing
Preferred Terminal Services License Server).  You can also read
Q232520, which details the TS License Server Discovery process.

HTH,

CHRIS LYNCH -  MCSE, CCNA, CCA
NETWORK ENGINEER - INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY
NRT Incorporated, 27271 Las Ramblas, Mission Viejo, CA 92691
Chris.lynch@xxxxxxxxxx  Tel 949.367.3406