[THIN] Re: Win2012 RDS - digitally sign a RemoteApp?

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 21 Oct 2013 14:38:11 -0400

Anyone? I am trying to use a Win2012 RDS server with RemoteApps, in a
Win2008 R2 AD forest/domain. I would like to either sign my RemoteApp,
or push out the default connection URL via GPO. However, all the links
I am finding speak of a GPO setting called "“RemoteApp and Desktop
Connections”", which I do not have on my GPO list. I only have "Remote
Desktop Connection Client", which does not have a key to "Specify
default connection URL".

I need a way to push out the connection URL via GPO, and also to make
it so that my clients don't get prompted to run an untrusted
RemoteApp. And none of the MS TechNet articles I am finding are
showing me that. They either assume a Win2012 AD (judging from the
extra GPO settings), or list Win2008 RDS settings (such as using
RemoteApp Manager to sign an app) that don't exist on my Win2012 RDS
server.

Can anyone assist in this?

Thanks