[THIN] Re: Win2012 RDS RD Web Access - Allow Active X installation - GPO setting?

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:30:30 -0500

As it turns out:

In my case, the root CA was added as a trusted root authority via GPO
(I used self-signed certs from a Linux CA, not an MS CA).
In the IE Trusted sites, we have *.,my-local.domain, so all local
sites are trusted.
And - most importantly, I think - I have the thumbprint of the domain
certificate I installed on my RD Web Access server listed as a
"trusted thumbprint" in the GPO
"The setting is located under:

Computer Configuration\Policies\Administrative Templates\Windows
Components\Remote Desktop Services\Remote Desktop Connection Client

Setting:
Specify SHA1 thumbprints of certificates representing trusted .rdp publishers"

<
http://morgansimonsen.wordpress.com/2011/03/21/sha1-thumbprints-for-trusted-rdp-publishers/

Once I did all 3, I was not prompted to install the Active X control.
Nor was I prompted when running my published RemoteApps. So that is
looking good ...