[THIN] Win2012 RDS RD Web Access - Allow Active X installation - GPO setting?

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2014 15:41:31 -0500

I'm having a devil of a time trying to figure this out. We are
preparing to roll out Windows 2012 RDS; we are going to be using
published RemoteApps to our users in their web browsers. However, the
first time a user accesses the site, they are prompted to run an
Active X control "Microsoft Remote Desktop Services Web Access
Control". I am trying to set our Group Policy to allow the automatic
installation of this particular Active X control. And I can't seem to
figure out what settings to change.

I've looked at "Computer, Administrative Templates, Windows
Components,Active X Installer Service". I enabled "Approved
Installation Sites", and put in the URL of
"https://rds-server-FQDN/RDWeb";, and value "2,2,1,0". This should
allow the installation (I thought) of this control. Turns out, the
user is still being prompted.

Anybody know what else I have to enable, so my user isn't prompted to
install the Active X control, and it just installs automatically? Just
the controls from my one site should be allowed.

Thanks
//www.freelists.org/list/thin