[THIN] Win2003 TS - how to keep other users printers from showing for everyone

  • From: "Leone, Michael" <MLeone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin Client list (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 09:44:30 -0400

Having a problem with Win2003 TS. Every user sees all printers set in all
other other users' session. Any way to have a user see only their own
printers, and any system-level printers, and not the dozen or whatever
number of printers from all other users of the TS? Makes it very confusing,
and some old apps have a limit to the number of printers they will allow you
to choose from ... and so, of course, the user's local printer is not shown,
as it's being bumped off the list by all the other users printers.
NOTE: we're not currently using policies here, so I need a solution that is
non-policy-specific.

Michael Leone, Systems Administrator
Philadelphia Contributionship
210 S. 4th Street, Philadelphia, PA  19106
<mailto:mleone@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
V: 215-627-1752 x1282
F: 215-627-5354

than buying more servers.