[THIN] Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors

  • From: kz20fl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 16:13:41 +0000

So the users will log on to file servers, as in generate a profile and desktop?
Or just access files on them?

If it could be any user, then don't bother with the security filtering. The
policy will only apply when they log on to servers in that OU.

Personally I'd put RDS servers in their own OU, as a matter of course. Makes
things like these so much easier.

Redirection will only apply when a user actually logs on - so unless you've got
apps published on the file servers, the policy shouldn't apply when a user
accesses those.

Despatched via Blackberry. Mock if you will, but it gets my email without a
fuss.