[THIN] Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 07:32:56 -0400

On Fri, Sep 19, 2014 at 4:40 AM, marcus <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hej,
>
> Michael Leone wrote:
>>
>> My users are getting these types of messages:
>>
>> ------------------------------
>> Security Warning
>>
>> This document is trying to access
>>
>> C:\users\me\appdata\local\temp\5\xxxx.pdf
>>
>> If you trust this document, choose Allow. If you do not trust this
>> document, choose Block.
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> This is when the app is trying to generate a PDF of a report.
>>
>> This looks to me like a UAC security message. But UAC is turned off
>> (yeah, yeah, I know, the vendor said it's the only the way will work
>> ...)
>> -HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Enable LUA
>> = 0
>
> Have you tried that from a command line?
> Because iirc that Message is related to IE enhanced security. Only comes up
> when working with explorer and related. Working from cmd that error doesn't
> shows up.

That message is coming up when the users run their application. The
reg key I listed above is something we did on the RDS servers (and
then rebooted) a long time ago. The app may be doing explorer-ish
things (I thing it comes up when the app tries to open a PDF that the
app has created). I don't know, I don't use (or really have access) to
the app ...
//www.freelists.org/list/thin