[THIN] Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors

  • From: marcus <marcus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2014 10:40:38 +0200

Hej,

Michael Leone wrote:
My users are getting these types of messages:

------------------------------
Security Warning

This document is trying to access

C:\users\me\appdata\local\temp\5\xxxx.pdf

If you trust this document, choose Allow. If you do not trust this
document, choose Block.
------------------------------

This is when the app is trying to generate a PDF of a report.

This looks to me like a UAC security message. But UAC is turned off
(yeah, yeah, I know, the vendor said it's the only the way will work
...)
-HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Enable LUA = 0
Have you tried that from a command line?
Because iirc that Message is related to IE enhanced security. Only comes up when working with explorer and related. Working from cmd that error doesn't shows up.

Marcus

So if I can figure out how to allow this access without prompting,
that should go a long way toward speeding up the application. But with
UAC turned off, I don't know what to change to get rid of this
warning.
//www.freelists.org/list/thin