[THIN] Re: Win 2012R@ RDS, Group Policy and folder redirection errors

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2014 15:49:31 -0400

My users are getting these types of messages:

------------------------------
Security Warning

This document is trying to access

C:\users\me\appdata\local\temp\5\xxxx.pdf

If you trust this document, choose Allow. If you do not trust this
document, choose Block.

This is when the app is trying to generate a PDF of a report.

This looks to me like a UAC security message. But UAC is turned off
(yeah, yeah, I know, the vendor said it's the only the way will work
...)
-HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\Enable LUA = 0

So if I can figure out how to allow this access without prompting,
that should go a long way toward speeding up the application. But with
UAC turned off, I don't know what to change to get rid of this
warning.