[THIN] Win 2012 RDS - can a Session Host exist in more 1 collection?

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, ntsysadm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2014 09:39:06 -0500

I am setting up a Win2012 RDS environment consisting of 1 RD Web
Access server (which is also Connection Broker and Licensing), and 3
Session Hosts. These are published RemoteApps, not full Remote
Desktops (yet).

I am trying to create 2 collections of RemoteApps - one for the
testing programs (Notepad, Paint, etc), and one for Production app
(eventually there will be a 3rd collection, of training versions of
that production app). So what I did was create the Testing collection,
and added all 3 servers to it. Now I want to create the second
collection, and add just the one main production app to it. And it
seems I can't create the collection, as there are no session hosts
listed.

What seems to be happening is that only unassigned session hosts can
be added to a collection; that I can't have all 3 of my session hosts
in multiple collections. Is that right? I am trying to search for
confirmation, but not finding  a definitive answer.

If I can have the same session host in multiple collections, how can I
do that? I must be doing something wrong, but what?

(I don't really need the testing collection, but I will be wanting to
separate out the production app vs the training version of that same
app. And eventually I may have more RemoteApps, and I would want to
keep them logically separated - such as by group access, etc)

Thanks for any hints.
//www.freelists.org/list/thin