[THIN] Re: Win 2012 RDS - Q about installing ActiveX control via GPO

  • From: Michael Leone <oozerdude@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 7 Nov 2013 13:57:25 -0500

On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:24 PM, Dan Dillman <dan@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Right, to run the active x control.  Either way, is it client detection?  If
> you do not choose to run it can you still connect?

Don't know. Don't want to see the prompt at all.

The options are to "Allow" and "Allow for all websites". If you just
close the prompt instead, you can sign in. Then when you go to run a
RemoteApp, it asks again. If you continue to just close the prompt,
you are then prompted "Do you want to open or save <whatever>.rdp from
<web host>", and you get a choice of open or save..

This is why I want the control installed, so the users never seen any
of these. :-)

If you do open at this latest promtp, you will get the "Do you trust
the publisher of this RemoteApp". They will have to answer "connect"
and "Don't ask me again". That's OK; I don't mind that prompt.

So: any pointers on how to install the ActiveX control via GPO, so
they don't see an ActiveX prompt when connecting or running a
RemoteApp?
//www.freelists.org/list/thin