[THIN] Re: Wierd CMC issue

  • From: "Landin, Mark" <Mark.Landin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:20:09 -0500

In my environment, I did everything all the books said to do, and
shadowing still never worked until the user wanting to shadow was in the
Local Administrator group. Now, in this case, the shadowing for these
users is being done from a published Shadow Taskbar, not the CMC.

I can't argue with the way yours works, but I can only relay what I had
to do to get mine to work. (I got the tip from another on the list who
had to do the same thing to get his working too).

configureation?=20
> >=3D3D20  Hth,  Rat =3D3D20 =3D3D20  On Mon, 5 Apr 2004 10:26am, =
Michael=20
> [...]
> > > xp=3D3D20 full administrator in the cmc setup.  is there a=20
> special=3D20=20
> > > windows=3D3D20 permission that is needed for this account.  as for =

> > > as=3D20 i=3D3D20
> > can tell it=3D3D20
> > > has everything that the administrator account has.
> > >
> > > thanks,
> > > _________________________________
> > >
> > > Michael Boggan
> > > Network Engineer/Citrix Admin
> > > Virtual Desktop Inc.
> > > Dallas, Texas
> > > Ph: (972) 960-6400
> > > Fax: (972) 960-6445
> > > email: mboggan@xxxxxxxxxxx
> > > http://www.virtualdesktopinc.com=20
> <http://www.virtualdesktopinc.com/>
> > > _________________________________
> >=3D3D20
> > hth,
> > rat
> > Roy A. Tokeshi
> > 602.614.4931
> >=3D3D20
> > http://www.tokeshi.com/articles
> > <apology>Sent from handheld. Please forgive spelling,=3D3D20  =3D
> punctuation,
>=20
> >and gramatical errors.</apology>
> > This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping=3D3D20 =20
> >you=3D20 from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you=3D3D20 =
=20
> >know, in =3D
> most
>=20
> >cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single=3D3D20  biggest=20
> constraint to=3D20=20
> >scaling up?! Get this free white paper=3D3D20  to understand=20
> the real=3D20=20
> >constraints & how to overcome them.=3D3D20  SAVE MONEY by scaling-up =
=3D
> rather
>=20
> >than buying more servers. =20
> http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D3D147
> >Vacation mode use the below link:
> > http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm
> >=3D3D20
> >=3D3D20
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping=20
> you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you=20
> know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single=20
> biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper=20
> to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.=20
> SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.=20
> http://www.rtosoft.com/Enter.asp?ID=3D3D147
> Vacation mode use the below link:
> http://thin.net/citrixlist.cfm
> This Week's Sponsor - RTO Software / TScale What's keeping=20
> you from getting more from your terminal servers? Did you=20
> know, in most cases, CPU Utilization IS NOT the single=20
> biggest constraint to scaling up?! Get this free white paper=20
> to understand the real constraints & how to overcome them.=20
> SAVE MONEY by scaling-up rather than buying more servers.
than buying more servers.