[THIN] Why should AllinOne.adm NOT be used as a Active Directory GPO?

  • From: richard van beers <richard.van.beers@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 18:46:47 +0100

Hi,

I was hoping on configuring some user setting with a GPO made from
AllinOne.adm (and others) as per this tip:
http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBI/tip4400/rh4407.htm

However, the reallyDOreadme.txt from allinone.adm specifically says:

"Do not use the ALLinONE template for Group Policies in a Active
Directory environment. The True Control Template is specially created
to integrate seamlessly with the default group policies."

I do not understand why not. Its just a template, it can be converted
to a GPO administrative template, it can control settings I need, so
what am I missing here?

A related question would be, how to apply Office settings like the
"startup" and other file locations via Group Policy?

Richard