[THIN] Where O Where is my Authorization service?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 12:59:50 -0700

Hi All,

More on MSAM:  I have three servers.  Server A is running MPS3, Server B is
running MSAM.  I am trying to install CSG on Server C.  CSG install keeps
bombing out because it can't contact the authorization service.  Which
server holds it and what name does it show up as under services?  I've
selected all the defaults for MSAM so it installed numerous items.  Same
for CSG, it's trying to install a few different items.  I've applied
internally generated certificates to the two servers that also run IIS
(servers B & C).  When I get the error msg, CSG it trying to configure for
the authorization services and needs an ID.  I've found the tool that gives
me the STA ID, but not the authorization service ID.

I have MSAM running just fine without CSG/Proxy/etc.  I've been able to
create roles that have different access to different CDAs and they appear
to be working properly.   The problems APPEAR to only be related to CSG and
its requirements.

Server are all W2K3.

adam