[THIN] Re: Whats is the packet size for ica packet in Thin Cl ient ?

  • From: Thin Fan <thinfan@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:23:52 -0700

Mark, I tried to run BAT on a Windows 2000 TS SP3 with Citrix
MetaFrame XPe and all it will do when you try to launch BAT is show an
hour glass then go away.  I then have to go to Task Manager and kill
the process.  I ran this in a Terminal Session for testing.  Do I have
to be at the console to run it?

Thanks,

ThinFan

On Mon, 25 Oct 2004 11:43:17 +0100, Mark Cook <mc@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Avien,
>

> Do you mean bandwidth  as opposed to packet size ?  If so, the official
> story from  Citrix is actually somewhere between 5 to 20k, although this is
> only for the ICA traffic eg. keyboard, mouse & video (ie. Window sizes,
> positions and the like) traffic.  This does NOT include stuff such as bitmap
> images, audio streams and AFAIK client mapping (& data) such as drive and
> printer information.  This additional data will consume all available
> bandwidth, to see what I mean download BAT from my website
> www.wizbang.org.uk and run it against a session citrix session (must run it
> on a citrix server!), you will see the traffic peak when bitmaps and stuff
> are transferred to the client and audio data etc.
>

> FYI - I actually ran a session over the weekend from a dialup connection
> (running at about 44kbps) and had a VNC session (via GENCONTROL) inside the
> ICA session and it was usable, obviously the VNC stuff struggled at times
> but the ICA session was fine !
>

> Mark

This Weeks Sponsor RTO Software
http://www.rtosoft.com/enter.asp?id=320