[THIN] What part of this article has been fixed properly by MS?

  • From: "Laughlin Scott" <slaughli@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 8 Jan 2003 11:57:15 +1000

http://www.winntmag.com/Articles/Print.cfm?ArticleID=3D8842

We are about to move to Citrix XP on Windows 2000 from Citrix Metaframe =
1.8
on NT4.0.  We didn't move about a year ago because of the double-dutch =
on
this question.  Is it time to move?  (our 1.8 farm is quite stable, is =
based
on ghosts so everyone here including myself is hesitant to move up, we =
are
about 200 users).

I have some other questions such as whether printer support is any =
better?

Also,  How evil is the Citrix Licensing Manager?  Someone has been =
telling
me that it is now client based not concurrent based any more?  Is it =
based
on one machine now or is it still distributed across the farm like in =
1.8?

It looks from my reading that the first Citrix XP server can not be =
ghosted
but the rest of the farm can (with a little tweaking)?  We have liked =
Ghost
in the past to make everything consistent and would like to continue but
hope it doesn't cause licensing issues(?)...

Thanks,

Scott

This message is intended solely for the individual(s) and =
entity(s)addressed.  It is confidential and may contain legally =
privileged information.  The use, copying or distribution of this =
message or any information it contains, by anyone other than the =
addressee, is prohibited.