[THIN] What happened to my profiles?

  • From: Adam.Baum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 14:23:59 -0700

All,

Last week I inquired about permissions for roaming profiles.  Turns out my
settings were correct, but another team member decided to push out changes
(using inheritance) and removed a lot of the settings.  All the settings
are back to normal, but no one can access their profile.  I get the
following:

"Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on
with your local profile.  Changes to the profile will not be copied to the
server when you logoff.  Windows did not load your profile because a server
copy of the profile folder already exists that does not have the correct
security.  Either the current user or the Administrator's group must be the
owner of the folder.  Contact your network administrator."

There are no local profiles and the registry
(HKLM\Software\Microsoft\WindowsNT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList) does not
show any entries for these people.  If I delete the roaming profile off the
server and have the user log back on, all works fine.  The security
settings of the folders has not changed during this test.

Anyone hazard an educated guess at what is wrong here?  I would hate to
have to rebuild 500 profiles.

FYI- all profiles are kept on resource servers (file services only).

adam

This Week's Sponsor - Emergent Online
Essential Thin Client Utilities.
Meet Jim Kenzig of thethin.net at the Emergent Online
Booth #24 at Citrix iForum on October 13th.
http://www.go-eol.com