[THIN] Re: What are you getting for SA subscription this year? Not much if you are not running CPS 4.

  • From: "Rusty Yates" <rusty27@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 16:18:21 -0500

Don't get me wrong.  I've been around Citrix since Winframe days and have
long supported the product and price.  All I'm saying is that if Citrix is
distancing its self from the core product their maybe a reason. Could be
they fear the future of the company is not CPS due to longhorn.  Plus you
have companies like Provision Networks that seems to make a nice Citrix
replacement for a very competitive price.  Especially since Provision
Networks bundle profile mgmt, better printer mgmt, better cpu / memory mgmt,
etc...  into their product which I find Citrix should do a better job of.
But you could be right, Citrix may release some things in the near future
into their CPS line that will make you say "WOW" and not mind paying that
premium price each year.

On 10/24/06, Jeff Pitsch <jepitsch@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I think you place to much hope on what longhorn will do. Your also assuming Citrix isn't adding any features in that timeframe.

Jeff Pitsch Microsoft MVP - Terminal Server Provision Networks VIP

Forums not enough?
Get support from the experts at your business
http://jeffpitschconsulting.com

<http://thinhelp.com/>*<jkenzig@xxxxxxxxx>

http://www.citrix.com/site/resources/dynamic/minisitessecond/Citrix_Desktop_Broker_FAQ--Citrix_Customer_Final.pdf

http://www.citrix.com/site/resources/dynamic/minisitessecond/Citrix_Desktop_Broker_Technical_FAQ--Citrix_Customer_Final.pdf