[THIN] Re: Welcome to Reading layout popup

  • From: Rick Mack <ulrich.mack@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 7 Mar 2009 22:02:02 +1000

Hi Chris,

Office products store settings either in the registry or in .pip files (
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/912721), or in .qat files (
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd347467.aspx) and then there's
the reg_binary stuff that you can't do with a group policy anyway unless
you've got the DesktopStandard PolicyMaker Registry Extension 2.1. It's a
free download and if you hunt around you should be able to find it.
Otherwise drop me a line and I'll make it available via my ftp site.

Thomas Koetzing has a script to save the qat files:
http://www.thomaskoetzing.de/index.php?option=com_docman&task=doc_details&gid=178

But if you did want to turn off the reading layout it's not that easy and
may need some scripting, eg:

*You can use a couple of auto macros in your Normal template (or add the
code to these macros if they already exist):

Sub AutoOpen()
Options.AllowReadingMode = False
End Sub

Sub AutoNew()