[THIN] Weird problem with W2K Terminal Services

  • From: Spriggs Jon <Jon.Spriggs@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 25 May 2005 11:38:36 +0100

Hi all,

I wonder if anyone can help me - we have recently created a system as a
Terminal Services Server. It is nearly identical to another machine, barring
the fact that this box has slightly different hardware and a slightly
different partition table.

This machine runs W2K RDP only. We've applied a set of local policies to the
machine (as it's not a domain we control, so we can't control the GPO for
it) and these match exactly the policies on the other machine. We've also
changed the profile store (in the registry) from C:\Documents and Settings
to P:\Profiles (on the other machine it's E:\Profiles) but aside from that
the two machines are identical...

Now, the problem is that when logging in on the new machine, it's
automatically logging you back out again, but there's nothing in the event
logs to show you ever appeared on the server. Local accounts are able to log
in OK, but not domain ones. Neither account shows as logging in. There was
an error message about the 90 days having passed, but I know there is a
licencing server on the domain...

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Many thanks

Jon Spriggs
--
The presence of a "Fujitsu" address does not imply or assume that Fujitsu
Services, Fujitsu or any other company containing the Fujitsu name uses or