[THIN] Weird config: Passthrough and Clientname Variable

  • From: "Ron Oglesby" <roglesby@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2003 13:55:35 -0500

By default it seems that neither FR2 or FR3 does what I need them to do
in this case but I want to see if anyone else can confirm this or has a
workaround.

I have an app that requires the client name. We use it to configure
printers and application access within the app.

What we want to do....
Thin client (WinCE) launch a ANON connection (or non anon doesn't
matter) to a Published web browser in the farm. The web browser
auto-launches an NFuse page that also contains a number of static ICA
files.

From this the user clicks the link to launch the app.

The client name I NEED is from the first session, the published IE
session. The clientname I get (when I connect to another Citrix server
to run the application) is the name of the MF server that my IE session
is running on.

Anyone seeing this same thing, maybe have a work around or idea....

Ron Oglesby
Senior Technical Architect

RapidApp
Office 312.372.7188