[THIN] Webex and Citrix

  • From: "George Wasgatt" <gwasgatt@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 10:02:53 -0400

We've been asked to load the Citrix client on our Citrix servers.  I found
this tech note on the Webex site:

Installing Citrix Metaframe and Webex Meeting Manager.

Which walks your through installing Terminal Services, Metaframe 1.8 then
the two Webex executables (ATCLIENT and Meeting Manager ATMCIE.MSI).  These
installs were done in change user /install mode.  According to the
documentation this should write everything to the proper registry keys.

However, when I then load a Webex site using a non-administrative ID the
Active-X client tries to load itself.  Doing the installs as the
administrator in install mode was supposed to prevent this from happening.
We had Webex support on the phone o a while but they didn't have much to say
other than what was in the document.  What am I missing?

SBC SITES ONLY GOOGLE SEARCH: http://www.F1U.com