[THIN] Web interface/CSG and Speedscreen

  • From: James Hill <HillJ@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2004 08:26:41 +1000

Is it possible to enable Speedscreen for only one user or for a particular
app when using the web interface?

Our CFO has managed to find a fault with local text echo when using pivot
tables in an excel document via the web interface.  It causes the screen to
flash and max's out the cpu utilisation on the client.  It should be noted
that if something can't be broken our CFO will find a way :-)

Turning off speedscreen fixes the fault but I would prefer to only do this
for the CFO if possible.  Otherwise I'll have some dialup users that won't
be too pleased.

We are using CSG and WI 2.0 pointing to a FR3 farm.

Regards,

James.