[THIN] Web interface via FQDN issues

  • From: "Adam Granatela" <agranatella@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 10:08:20 -0600

Very very strange problem at one of my clients...if anyone can shed any
insight on this it would be greatly appreciated.  Apologies for details out
of order or all over the place.  My head is spinning right now from this.

The farm is 2 PS4 servers, with Web Interface on the server CITRIX01.
Internally I can hit http://citrix01/citrix/metaframe, bring up web
interface, and it works just fine.  Pass-through authentication works, I see
applications, and can run them with no issues.

In DNS there's an alias for portal.company.com pointing to the IP address
for CITRIX01.  This name is also a registered Internet FQDN that can be hit
from the outside.  If I hit any of these URLs from inside the network OR
outside:

http://portal.company.com/citrix/metaframe
https://portal.company.com/citrix/metaframe
http://<internalipaddress>/citrix/metaframe
https://<internalipaddress>/citrix/metaframe
http://<externalipaddress>/citrix/metaframe
https://<externalipaddress>/citrix/metaframe

I see the "click here if you are not automatically redirected" text, but
then a login box immediately pops up.  I can put in any credentials I want,
but none work, and I get this HTTP error:

HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid
credentials.

I've searched through every MS article on that error, I've reset passwords
for the IUSR accounts and re-synched them with IIS, verified that anonymous
access is turned on in IIS correctly (as well as integrated authentication),
rebooted servers, as well as a slew of other misc. things.

Has anyone seen this?  It's extremely odd that I can hit it internally via
the server name, but using the external IP address, the fqdn, or even the
internal IP address (internally of course) gives me that error.  Out of
ideas.  Help!

Adam