[THIN] Re: Web interface connection issues

  • From: "Parker, Dennis" <Dennis.Parker@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 May 2004 08:17:21 -0700

There are several things that could cause this issue.  Not fully
understanding your environment, I'm just going to throw out a few ideas for
basic troubleshooting.

1.  Right click and save the .ICA file and see what IP Address is being
returned for the server address, then ping (if you should be able to ping
that address through the firewall) and Telnet to that IP address on whatever
port your server is configured for (Default 1494).

2.  Check the settings in Web Interface Admin to make sure that they all
look correct for internal vs. external access.  I'm assuming that you are
NATing the Citrix servers, so will probably need to put an Alt Address in
the Citrix servers and configure the Web Interface accordingly.

3.  Consider using Secure Gateway?  Then you don't have to use an Alt
Address, just follow the instructions for setting up Secure Gateway which
runs over port 443.

Dennis Parker, MCSE, CCA
Senior Systems Analyst
Fiserv EFT
4550 SW Macadam Ave, Ste 100
Portland, Or. 97239
Direct: 503-274-6785
Fax:    503-274-6619

This e-mail is confidential and may well be legally privileged.   If you
have received it in error, you are on notice of its status.   Please notify
us immediately by reply e-mail and then delete this message from your
system.   Please do not copy it or use it for any purposes, or disclose its
contents to any other person.   To do so could violate state and Federal
privacy laws.
Thank you for your cooperation.   Please contact me if you need assistance.