[THIN] Web interface 3.0 web client download

  • From: "Lee, David (STRATEGIC PROJECTS)" <David.Lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "Thin client listserve (E-mail)" <thin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:15:12 +0100

I have just built a new Windows 2003 server and have installed web interface
3.0 (grrrr, NFuse) for testing with our XPe server farm.  All seems to work
well, apart from the auto deployment of the web client, which simply does
not start to download.

I have copied the ICA32T.exe (modified for silent install) from one of our
live NFuse 1.7 servers and placed this into the relevant folders under
ICAWEB on the new server.  I have also enabled the download from WIadmin and
specified the relevant file name and version (I have also tried using a
unmodified version of WFICAC.cab).  Do I need to fill the class ID field
(this option is not present in NFuse 1.7), and is so, where do I get this
value from?  Do I need to do anything additional due to the enhanced
security of IIS 6.0? Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance

David Lee

Systems Engineer
City Treasury
Plymouth City Council
Civic Centre
PL1 2AA

Tel: (01752) - 304218

DISCLAIMER
"The views expressed in this message are personal and must not be considered
to be the official views of Plymouth City Council."

http://www.go-eol.com